Finding the Soviet Union: Fun on Wikipedia
It is said that one can go from any article on Wikipedia to the article on the Soviet Union in no more than six links. Right now, I have decided to test that theory.
I clicked "random article" on Wikipedia, leading me to John Joachim Zubly. (Forgive me for never having heard of this person before in my life.)
- From there, I go to United States.
- From there, I go to Cold War.
- And then we have Soviet Union. Too easy! That only took three. Let's try another.
My new random article is R705 road. (Irish regional road - perhaps not so simple, eh?)
- From there I choose Ireland (the only rational choice available).
- Next, United Nations
- Then the Security Council
- And from there I can easily get Soviet Union. Not too hard! - just four.
Well, I clearly am procrastinating, so I will leave it up to the reader to try this out for themselves, or perhaps find a more challenging Wikipedia game. Perhaps trying to get to a much more obscure topic would be better? See how few jumps you can take to get from chocolate to JRR Tolkien - I dare you!
Haha, I used to do something similar. Two, or more, people would start on one topic and pick a topic to get to from there and race.
ReplyDelete