Round 2, Day 1

And so it begins again. My second semester at Georgetown is filled with both continuity and change: Coming back here felt so normal it was almost disturbing. My first class was French, which really seems like it's going to be exactly the same as last semester, save for changed faces and better preparedness on my part. Macroeconomics may turn out being significantly different from micro when it comes to the class content and its teacher, but my attitude towards the course will likely be the same. Because of events the details of which are not know to me, History of Asian Cultures is now being taught by a different professor, so I really have no idea how things will turn out compared to last semester. The fourth class I had today was Political and Social Thought, and this too is rather an unknown to me at this point as far as knowing how well I'll like the class goes. My last class is History of Africa, which is the only class I have tomorrow.

My schedule has shifted slightly from last semester: I now have four classes each on Mondays and Wednesdays instead of three, but the times are such that I have two in a row from 9:15 to 11:30 and two in a row from 2:40 to 5:30. Today I began to appreciate the benefits of having one big three-hour break instead of discontinuous ones of an hour-and-some each.

Having had two of the same classes last semester definitely has benefits: Five of the books I bought months ago are ones I will be using again. Despite this, however, I still have 18 more books I need to buy! - far more than I had last semester. Last semester, in fact, two of my classes had no books to buy at all, while those for the other three added to 11. Now, the only class I don't need to buy for is French, for which I already paid book-sellers more than enough. What is the price of all these books, you might ask? If I got them all as cheaply as possible at the bookstore, I'd pay over $390 - plus tax.

Whatever you might say, that's just not right. I'm going online.

Comments

  1. Did you get all your books? What was the final total cost? You are such a big saver! Did you send a thank you to Auntie Anne and Uncle Jeff for paying for your books? (Just a gentle reminder.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!