Des nouvelles cartes

Comme vous savez, ou pouvez facilement voir sur le blog, j'aime beaucoup les cartes et la cartographie. Récemment, pendant que j'étais en France, j'ai redécouvert de nouveau ma capacité de créer des cartes, comme avec mes quatre billets (ici, ici, ici et finalement ici) avec des plans de mes voyages en tram, et aussi mon plan de mes deux fois de visiter la France. Maintenant j'ai deux nouvelles cartes très differentes, [voir ci-dessous], une également sur mes deux visites en France mais au niveau régional, et l'autre d'un type humoristique - quelque chose que je crois se rapproche un peu de la vision française des États-Unis.

Some New Maps

As you know, or can easily see on the blog, I love maps and cartography very much. Recently while I've been in France, I've rediscovered anew my ability to create maps, as with my four posts (hereherehere and finally here) with maps of my tram trips, and also my map of my two times visiting France. Now I have two new and very different maps, one also on my two visits to France, but at a regional level, and the other of a humorous sort - something I believe approximates a little the French view of the United States.


Above: Of France's twenty-one mainland European regions, I am living in one, have visited or at least bussed through twelve, and I've passed through four more (for a total of 17/21). Pink and purple = 2008, purple and blue = 2011. (Unfortunately this map inexplicably combined upper and lower Normandy, so if you try to count, you'll be wrong.)

Below: This image is my impression of the French person's view of America, based on observations in France and a limited number of professors' ramblings and overheard strangers' conversations. Please comment if you have any questions or criticisms!


Comments