Publishing with Integrity

In my first year or two of blogging, I kept a lot more contact with other blogs on the internet, reading all the new posts on my bloglist, leaving regular comments and so on. (I had a lot more free time back then.) Now I'm looking to better reinsert myself into the blogosphere, and one way I see of doing that is for Peter's Publisher to officially become a blog with integrity.

Here is the pledge I'm taking:
By displaying the Blog with Integrity badge or signing the pledge, I assert that the trust of my readers and the blogging community is important to me.

I treat others respectfully, attacking ideas and not people. I also welcome respectful disagreement with my own ideas.

I believe in intellectual property rights, providing links, citing sources, and crediting inspiration where appropriate.

I disclose my material relationships, policies and business practices. My readers will know the difference between editorial, advertorial, and advertising, should I choose to have it. If I do sponsored or paid posts, they are clearly marked.

When collaborating with marketers and PR professionals, I handle myself professionally and abide by basic journalistic standards.

I always present my honest opinions to the best of my ability.

I own my words. Even if I occasionally have to eat them.
Now, I hope I've already adhered to these standards in my four years of blogging here on Peter's Publisher. However, I may have strayed sometimes in not always providing links for where I took photos, and I may have gone along the borderline of attacking people rather than ideas in my more immature and politically outspoken years. If I ever cross those lines or any others, dear readers, please call me out on it and I will gladly eat my words.

Comments